Jan 23, 2017 | Atlanta, GA
Stamps Health Services has seen a significant increase in the number of students with the flu. The State of Georgia as a whole has a significant flu outbreak occurring. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to do the following:
- Stay home if you are sick with fever and cough/sore throat; don’t spread the flu to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze.
- Do not share drinking glasses, eating utensils, water bottles.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Get a flu shot if you have not done so already!
If you get the flu, treatment with antiviral medications such as Tamiflu is available, but is most effective when started within 2 days of symptom onset. Schedule an appointment with Stamps Health Services early if you think you have the flu.